When you are in a foreign country and don’t know the language, Microsoft Translator helps you translate on the spot. This android application provides a host with user-friendly tools that offer quick and reliable results. It is a free translator app that helps you translate 70 different languages. This app can do wonders for people who travel more often.
Microsoft translator can also translate text, photos taken from camera voice notes or live voice, and screenshots easily and swiftly. This app also allows you to download and save these languages so you can access them when you are offline without extra internet consumption. Sit tight and look at this complete piece to gain thorough information.
Features of Microsoft Translator
- One of the most significant features of this app is that you can easily translate your text, pictures, voice, and even screenshot into any language with just a single click.
- You can enjoy this app’s multiple features, whether online or offline.
- If you have a given picture or screenshot and don’t know the language, you can scan the picture and get the picture translated.
- You can also play the translated text in front of the foreigners to make them understand, so you can easily make a conversation.
- It has complete access to more than 70 different languages.
- This application also allows the option of a split screen. This way, you can have a bilingual conversation with more than one person.
- It allows conversation with multiple people; we can connect the device and have live conversations with more than 100 people.
- It also contains phrasebooks of many countries with verified translations and different pronunciation guides that enable you to learn a foreign language if you like.
- You can easily download languages during travel when disconnected from the internet.
- You can also hear the translated phrases, which helps you with that foreign language’s accent.
- You can share your translations with other apps and pin and save your latest translation to use later.
- It can translate more than 70 languages, including Arabic, Bangla, Bulgarian, Chinese simplified and traditional, Dutch, Punjabi, Telugu, English, Urdu, Portuguese, French, German, Hindi, Persian, Indonesian, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Marathi, Turkish, Pashto, Russian, Spanish, Irish, Swedish, Tamil, Ukrainian, Gujarati, and many more.
- You can also use this application on your Apple watch and get an instant translation.
- You can easily sync these translations between your mobile phone and Apple watch.
Access required for Microsoft Translator
The Microsoft translator requires two types of access; one is mandatory and requires view network access to your android or iOS device. It can be in the form of Wi-Fi or mobile data. Network access lets the application know it should use the data to use new languages or scroll from the already saved languages. Another mandatory access is network access to download new languages and perform voice and text translations on the spot.
Another access is optional. It includes the required access if you use a specific app with the Microsoft translator. These accesses include a camera to click pictures for translation or scanning. Another function of the Microsoft Translator is to translate speech and photos, requiring access to photos and image files.
Pros of Microsoft Translator
- It is an entirely free application. You do not need to pay a single cent to run this application.
- The service of this application is owned and employed by some major companies, such as Bing and Skype.
- It enables text translation for more than 70 different languages across the world.
- It is quick and easy to move back and forth between different languages.
- It allows conversation for many people, allowing more than a hundred people to connect.
Cons of Microsoft Translator
- It only supports a limited number of languages and covers only familiar tones worldwide.
- This app provides multiple features but is incompatible with legal and official documents.
- It is, Afterall a machine and cannot always be accurate, and there can be specific systematic errors in the translation.
- It requires the permission of the user to access the location.